How Many Signatures have been collected to date?

Understand
Knichols

How Many Signatures have been collected to date?

Post by Knichols »

As of today how many signatures have been collected?
Scott@HJTA

Re: How Many Signatures have been collected to date?

Post by Scott@HJTA »

We've only been keeping a rough count of what has come back so I don't want to give wrong information, but it's not enough. We have 450,000 signatures worth of petitions circulating out there right now. We just need them to come back.
Ssimons

Post by Ssimons »

Hello - can you please provide an approx update of returned signatures AND circulating petitions. We, as volunteers, need to understand how much to crank up our efforts over the next 4 weeks so we can hit at least 1.5M signatures. Thank you HJTA and all the volunteers.
VirginiaNorCal

Post by VirginiaNorCal »

I’m getting really nervous because we only have about 3 weeks left and we still need so many!!! How can we do this???
Scott@HJTA

Post by Scott@HJTA »

We are still under 25% of signatures returned but we have more than 1.5 million petitions worth of signatures still out there in folk's hands and we are sending out more every day. We promised to get more than enough signatures out there to qualify and that's what we're doing. They just have to come back. That's the big question. So please keep collecting where you can. We have to keep pushing till the deadline. It's the only way.
Ssimons

Post by Ssimons »

Hi Scott, Thank you so much for providing this update. Unsettling to hear that we haven't reached 25% yet but hopeful to hear that 1.5 Million (and growing) worth of petition signatures are circulating.

I have been partnering with another volunteer in San Jose. We found each other on the Friday webinar call. We are getting some good traction. We average about +/- 30 petition signatures in a 2 hour window. How does that rate to others? We are also pulling in more volunteers and as you said we need to press hard.

Below are some tips that we have found helpful. Please share, as appropriate, at the weekly Friday webinar.

1. Signing the petition just gets the initiative on the ballot for all CA to vote. I have found that is helpful for those who are unsure and/or need time to do their own research and make a decision.

2. The people who definitely want to Reinstate58, ask them if they are willing to take a petition or two and get more signatures - briefly review the do's and don'ts of collecting signatures and ensure they know to fill out the bottom of petition and mail back ASAP or by April 15th latest.

3. Re-emphasize the looming deadline. That often gets people to sign now and not waffle. It also may encourage people to step up and volunteer too. I can't emphasize enough to re-iterate the all petitions must be post marked by April 15th (easy for folks to remember as it's Tax day)

4. Heavy advertising at least 3 days in advance where/when a petition table will be. We have been using NextDoor (A post and Event) plus word of mouth. Pro-tip: The more activity in a social media post (likes and comments) will push the post higher in the activity feed.

5. Find local organizations that will help proliferate to their customers, clients and networks. Provide materials to get them going.

6. For those who come to table and are unsure about issue, encourage them to take picture with smart phone of where they can get more information (also reiterating the April 15th deadline). And for those who want to help, encourage them to take pictures of the HJTA information so they can easily find the HJTA website and order their own materials.

7. Team up with another person. Find them on the HJTA weekly webinar, your family, friends etc. Helps to hear and finesse the pitch, more hands when table gets busy, and it's just nice to have someone to talk with and strategize when/if there are lulls in activity.

We are learning and adjusting as we go. Would love to hear tips from other volunteers!

Thank you HJTA and all the volunteers who are helping to get us over the first hurdle of obtaining 1.5 Million signatures by April 15th!!!
VirginiaNorCal

Post by VirginiaNorCal »

Sure hoping those blank petitions are winding up in the right hands…. I could see the opposition grabbing lots of them with no intention of ever getting them signed…. Our local Farm Bureau just had someone come in last week and request 100…. That seemed a little suspicious to me…